Van of the Year Competition 2022 – open to any sweep
1st prize £250 – Runner Up £100
The ‘Van of the Year’ competition is open to any chimney sweep.
There are TWO ways to enter: At the Trade Exhibition or with a video submission. Check out last years video entries below for inspiration.
All entries will be judged on identical criteria – see criteria below. If you are entering at the Exhibition, just register your interest at the Guild reception desk. If you are submitting a video, then follow these simple steps:
- Follow the criteria below to make your video – 2 minutes max. Then send us the ‘tour’ of your van using the link in the instructions.
- 6 simple steps to uploading your video:
- Upload your video using the link here: MailBigFile – drag & drop / upload (deadline is Thursday 24th Feb)
- Select ‘My Device’ or ‘Camera’ to select your video
- Once you’ve selected your video put in your email address
- The Recipients email is: email@example.com
- Click the [+] to add a little message to help us identify you (something like) “John The Sweep (Bristol) entry for the Van of The Year Competition”
- Then hit Send – Deadline is Thursday 24th February.
Judging criteria: Please use the following guide to make your video.
- Your video should be a maximum of 2 minutes
- Livery (signwriting).
- Layout and organisation of cab: e.g. documents, clean storage, personal quirks, tidiness.
- Layout and organisation of tools etc. Range of tools, accessibility, cleanliness, storage innovations, separation of ‘clean and dirty’, bespoke items and tool innovations.
As you go through your van, please explain what you are showing us. If you think something is worth pointing out, please say why.
We will award additional points for originality, interesting narrative / presentation and even comedy value. Send by Thursday 24th Feb.
Looking for inspiration? see below for videos from last year.
If you have any technical questions about sending your video please contact Jez at Marketing@guildofmasterchimneysweeps.co.uk