Rodstation manufacture a wide range of Chimney sweeping and inspection equipment
Historic and Thatch Property Sweeping Course
The Guild of Master Chimney Sweeps has recognized the need for specific training in the area of chimney sweeping in listed buildings and thatched properties. This unique and innovative course will help professional sweeps better understand the particular issues when working in historic / old buildings, thatched properties etc. The course is open to anyone and there is an attractive discount for Guild members.
Areas covered include:
- Examining and sweeping chimney systems with regard to thatched and historic buildings
- The combustion of thatch.
- Building regulations with respect to old chimneys.
- In-depth studies – what caused fire in old buildings, causes of thatch fires.
- Recognizing improper systems due to faulty installation, wear and tear, damaged parts or incorrect operation of appliances.
- Identifying risks and suggesting valid corrective measures to owners in line with latest studies.
- Insurance, thatch fire statistics.
- Candidates are shown how to perform various tests / inspections on the flue / system.
Candidates receive a comprehensive manual with many detailed pictures which will prove very useful when explaining some of the issues to owners. A certificate of attendance will be issued.
Generous discount for Guild members. Lunch and all refreshments included.
For further details / booking:
Please see the Training page for course dates and venues and complete the application below.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 01226 242357