So, why choose the Guild as your professional association?
It’s a good question. If you want to research the sort of things we do then why not have a browse through our News for Sweeps – here you can get a real flavour of what we do and how members can benefit. Then download your Training Pack for comprehensive details on the main Guild training course and some things you should consider before training.
Good training however is just the start. You’ll want to take full advantage of the benefits listed below. These will make a big difference to your level of expertise and your business going forward.
We want every member who trains with us and joins us to be as successful as possible. To help achieve this we continually evolve member services. The Guild is run by very experienced members who have a thorough understanding of the industry. Perhaps more importantly, they all run successful sweeping businesses and understand how to support you in your business.
Benefits of joining the Guild
Many of the benefits listed below are unique to the Guild:
- Advertise your business to customers on the powerful Guild websites (included in membership). We make it easy for potential customers to find you and the services you offer.
- Regular social media posts to inform you and help you engage both your existing and future customers.
- Regular news article updates to both our consumer and trade websites. Using this information gives you lots of content to engage your customers as well as keeping you up to date.
- Links from the Guild websites seriously elevates the ranking of your own site.
- The vision, political insight and financial muscle to be able to address crucial industry issues e.g. the creation of the BurnRight campaign
- Regular digital newsletter Sweep Stuff – news, views, competitions and much more.
- Access to our members only forums – every good sweep has endless questions and often the best answers come from each other.
- The most comprehensive training and on-site mentoring course in the country gets new members started on the right track.
- We’ve got your back! – what happens when a customer has a complaint? We help you to deal with difficult situations in a professional manner.
- Guild members are part of a nationally respected trade association and brand. We also represent the UK chimney sweeping industry at an international level, via the European Federation.
- Ongoing educational and business opportunities through our Combined CCTV and Integrity Testing, Historic and Thatch Property Sweeping and Refresher courses. Widely recognised as the best in the business, these courses are devised and delivered by qualified experts and represent outstanding value.
- The back up offered by our technical phone and online support. Got a problem? Not any more!
- Regional meetings give you the opportunity to meet fellow members on a more local level. New members are very often surprised at the help they receive from other sweeps.
- Invaluable networking opportunities at Guild meetings, exhibitions and social events. The annual Trade Exhibition is not to be missed.
- Trade discounts for members through the Trade Partners Scheme.
- A committed and enthusiastic Board who are focused on member and consumer interests, constantly improving the whole sweeping industry.
- All this and much more for £284.00 inc. VAT annual membership*
Becoming a member of a forward thinking co-operative organisation puts you at the forefront of the industry. Being better trained and informed ensures your customers are better served, which means your business works better for you.
Continuing support and prominent advertising on the Guild website will help your business thrive. Strong leadership and innovative member services from a social and co-operative organisation mean you can feel proud to belong.
With benefits like these, we know that the customers of Guild sweeps are the safest, cleanest and happiest chimney owners in the country. They are more likely to recognise your value, more likely to book you again and more likely to refer your services to others.
For more information
If you would like further information you can:
- Download a Training Pack here
- Email: Training@guildofmasterchimneysweeps.co.uk
- Come and see us at the Guild Trade Exhibition in March or at the Hearth & Home Exhibition in June
- Phone: David Wooffindin on 01226 242357
* Does not include initial training.