So, why choose the Guild as your professional association?
The Guild of Master Chimney Sweeps offers the industry’s highest standards in training and assessment. You can research what we do within the trade in our extensive News for Sweeps – This gives a real flavour of what we do and how members can benefit. You may also like the Industry Latest and other news pages. Then download your Training Pack for comprehensive details on the main Guild training course and some things you should consider before training.
We help your chimney sweeping business to succeed. Good training however is just the start. You’ll want to take full advantage of the benefits listed below. These will make a big difference to your level of expertise and your business going forward.
We want every member to be as successful as possible and membership services are constantly reviewed and developed. The Guild is run by very experienced members who have a thorough understanding of the industry. More importantly, they all run successful sweeping businesses and understand how to support you in your business.
Benefits of joining the Guild
Many of the benefits listed below are unique to the Guild:
- Advertise your business to customers on the powerful Guild websites (included in membership). We make it easy for potential customers to find you and the services you offer.
- Regular social media posts to inform you and help you engage both your existing and future customers.
- Regular news article updates to both our consumer and trade websites. Using this information gives you lots of content to engage your customers as well as keeping you up-to-date.
- Links from the Guild websites seriously elevates the ranking of your own site.
- The vision, political insight and financial muscle to be able to address crucial industry issues, e.g. the creation of the BurnRight campaign
- Regular digital newsletter Sweep Stuff – news, views, competitions and more.
- Access to our members-only forums – every good sweep has endless questions and often the best answers come from each other.
- The most comprehensive training and on-site mentoring course in the country gets new members started on the right track.
- We’ve got your back! – what happens when a customer has a complaint? We help you to deal with difficult situations in a professional manner.
- Guild members are part of a nationally respected trade association and brand. We also represent the UK chimney sweeping industry at an international level, via the European Federation.
- Ongoing educational and business opportunities through our Combined CCTV and Integrity Testing, Historic and Thatch Property Sweeping and Refresher courses. Widely recognised as the best in the business, these courses are devised and delivered by qualified experts and represent outstanding value.
- The back-up offered by our technical phone and online support. Got a problem? Not any more!
- Regional meetings give you the opportunity to meet fellow members on a more local level. New members are very often surprised at the help they receive from other sweeps.
- Invaluable networking opportunities at Guild meetings, exhibitions and social events. The annual Trade Exhibition is not to be missed.
- Trade discounts for members through the Trade Partners Scheme.
- A committed and enthusiastic Board who are focused on member and consumer interests, constantly improving the whole sweeping industry.
- All this and much more for £284.00 inc. VAT annual membership*
Becoming a member of a forward thinking co-operative organisation puts you at the forefront of the industry. Being better trained and informed ensures your customers are better served, which means your business works better for you.
Continuing support and prominent advertising on the Guild website will help your business thrive. Strong leadership and innovative member services from a social and co-operative organisation mean you can feel proud to belong.
Customers recognise the professionalism of members supported by the Guild. They will likely book you again and recommend your skills to others.
For more information
If you would like further information you can:
- Download a Training Pack here
- Download a Course Application Form here
- Email: Training@guildofmasterchimneysweeps.co.uk
- Come and see us at the Guild Trade Exhibition in February
- Or phone Training Director: David Wooffindin on 01226 242357
* Does not include initial training.